In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR APRIL 19
The previous update was Thursday, April 15. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 36 more positives, 6 more probable positives, 91 more recoveries, 0 deaths and 31.42% fully vaccinated (up from 29.09% -- meaning 1,280 more people)
- BARAGA COUNTY: 6 more positives, 1 more probable positive, 6 more recoveries and 31.13% fully vaccinated (up from 27.42%)
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 4 more positives,1 more probable positive, 16 more recoveries, and 35.07% fully vaccinated (up from 32.10%)
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 18 more positives, 5 more probable positives, 59 more recoveries, and 28.03% fully vaccinated (up from 26.67%)
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 4 more positives, 1 less probable positive, 4 more recoveries and 37.15% fully vaccinated (up from 34.53%)
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 4 more positives, 6 more recoveries and 40.72% fully vaccinated (up from 36.37%)
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.