In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR FEBRUARY 15
The previous update was Thursday, February 11. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 38 more positives, 4 more probable positives and 87 more recoveries
- BARAGA COUNTY: 4 more positives, 1 less probable and 1 recovery
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 11 more positives and 21 more recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 25 more positives, 5 more probable positives and 49 more recoveries
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 4 less positives and 5 more recoveries
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 2 more positives and 11 more recoveries
New Vaccine Page Added
In conjunction with local healthcare providers and the health department, a new page has been added to CopperCountryStrong.com focused on the vaccine distribution in Baraga, Gogebic, Houghton, Keweenaw and Ontonagon counties. The page features information on who is eligible to be vaccinated, what vaccine is available locally and how to schedule your appointment.
Visit coppercountrystrong.com/vaccine to learn more.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.