In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR MARCH 11
The previous update was Monday, March 8. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 25 more positives, 3 less probable positives, 71 more recoveries and 17.40% fully vaccinated (up from 16.60% meaning 429 more people)
- BARAGA COUNTY: 3 more positives, 3 less probable positives, 5 more recoveries and 19.01% fully vaccinated (up from 18.47%)
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 5 more positives, 1 more probable positive, 13 more recoveries and 16.72% fully vaccinated (up from 15.93%)
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 13 more positives, 9 less probable positives, 42 more recoveries and 15.74% fully vaccinated (up from 14.86%)
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 1 more positive, 1 more recovery and 19.61% fully vaccinated (up from 18.34%)
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 3 more positives, 2 more probable positives, 8 more recoveries and 25.94% fully vaccinated (up from 25.60%)
Vaccine Information Available
Visit coppercountrystrong.com/vaccine to learn what vaccine is available, hear about the benefits of the vaccine, learn who is currently eligible and learn how you can sign up to get on a waiting list. Anyone who is eligible is urged to make a call as waiting lists are much shorter than they were when the vaccine immediately became available.
Learn more at coppercountrystrong.com/vaccine.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.