In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
Updates from Western U.P. Health Department (WUPHD)
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Thursday, August 13.
- TOTAL: 18 more positives, one new probable positive, 10 more recovered
- BARAGA COUNTY:
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: Five more positives, one more probable positive
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: Four more positives
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: One less probable positive
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: Nine more positives, one more probable positive
Michigan National Guard COVID-19 testing numbers from last week can be seen on the WUPHD Facebook page.
- UP adds 12 more COVID-19 cases Sunday, via TV6
- New COVID-19 Cases Reported, via Keweenaw Report
- Governor Whitmer urges mask-wearing in schools, though not mandating for Phase 5 yet, via TV6
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.