In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATES FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- One new positive in Gogebic County.
- One new positive in Houghton County.
- One probable positive moved to a confirmed positive in Houghton County
- One new probable positive in Gogebic County
- One new recovery in Gogebic County
- The Western Upper Peninsula Health Department (WUPHD) has identified the Subway, located within the Ironwood Walmart, as a potential exposure site for COVID-19. Dates of possible exposure include July 7 and 8.
The health department is advising people that exposure could have occurred at the site listed above or several days later with close contact to someone who visited the site. Depending on the length of exposure, you may be at higher risk for contacting COVID-19. Symptoms will typically appear within 2 to 14 days of the exposure.
We ask that if you visited this site, or have had close contact with someone who visited this site, and have or develop symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, or a new loss of test or smell, that you call your healthcare provider and inform them of any potential exposure. For general information, call the WUPHD at (906) 482-7382, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.