In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
Updates from Houghton & Keweenaw Counties
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) continues to arrive and be distributed weekly. Also this week, donations of cleaning supplies from SCJohnson have arrived for each fire department, first responding agency, and law enforcement agency. These will be distributed over the course of the next week.
- With the additional positives in Houghton and the first confirmed positive in Keweenaw County, emergency officials ask that you remain vigilant in your social distancing, hand washing and wearing a mask in public spaces - it makes a difference.
Other Statewide Updates
- The Marquette County Health Department is coordinating with the Michigan National Guard to provide free community-wide testing to anyone wishing to be tested for COVID-19.
Drive-up testing will be offered at the NMU Berry Events Center Parking lot on Saturday June 13 from 10 am – 4 pm and on Sunday June 14 from 11 am-3 pm.
Anyone 18 years and older can be tested and no prior doctor visit is necessary. Testing is free of charge. Participants must bring a driver’s license or a photo I.D. to register.
- Keweenaw County Confirms 1st Case Of COVID-19 Houghton Confirms New Case, via Keweenaw Report
- Local campgrounds have reopened, via Daily Mining Gazette
- Isle Royale increasing boat access to the park, via Daily Mining Gazette
- Michigan Coronavirus: First positive COVID-19 case reported in Keweenaw County, via CBS3
- U.P. Enters Phase 5 Today, via Keweenaw Report
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.