In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce has put together a great guide for businesses reopening. See the full resource at https://www.michamber.com/do-you-have-covid-19-preparedness-and-response-plan-we-can-help.
Updates from Ontonagon County
- Michigan National Guard delivered Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to Houghton and Ontonagon today from the Hub in Greenland, MI. Ontonagon received a case of surgical masks.
- On Thursday, May 14, 2020, Ontonagon County Sheriff Department was part of a combined effort between the Michigan National Guard and Michigan State Police to test all inmates and staff of prisons, jails, long-term care facilities for COVID-19. All results came back negative. OCSD continues to follow recommended safety practices by Federal and State authorities to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Isle Royale opening delayed indefinitely, via Daily Mining Gazette
- Grants available for small businesses affected by COVID-19, via Daily Mining Gazette
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department Comments On Reopening Friday, via Keweenaw Report
- UP to partially open Friday, via Daily Globe
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.