In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR NOVEMBER 12
The previous update was Monday, November 9 at 8:30 p.m. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 229 more positives, 50 more probable positives, 45 more recoveries and 5 deaths
- BARAGA COUNTY: 64 more positives, 1 more probable positive, 7 more recoveries and 1 death
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 49 more positives, 24 more probable positives, 25 more recoveries and 2 deaths
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 83 more positives, 22 more probable positives and 22 more recoveries
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 6 more positives and 1 more recovery
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 27 more positives, 3 more probable positives and 2 deaths
Current Status of Copper Country Area Schools
- Houghton County Schools are open, except CLK is closed due to staffing.
- Baraga County Schools are closed through Thanksgiving.
- Ontonagon Schools are closed through Thanksgiving.
- Gogebic County Schools plan to re-open this Monday, except for Watersmeet which is opting to stay closed.
- Gogebic Community and Finlandia are planning on going online after Thanksgiving.
- MTU is giving professors the option to go online after Thanksgiving, which it sounds like the majority will.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.