In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATES FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Thursday, September 10.
- TOTAL: 34 more positives, nine more probable positives, 15 more recoveries
- BARAGA COUNTY: One more positive, two more probable positive, three recoveries
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: two more positives, two more probable positive, nine more recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 26 more positives, six more probable positives, one more recoveries
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: Two more positives, one less probable positive
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: Three more positive, two more recoveries
UPDATE FROM HOUGHTON/KEWEENAW COUNTIES
- A lot of people have been asking "As the number of confirmed positives continue to grow in Houghton County, what can we do to help reduce the spread?" The answer to this is the same guidance that has been said for many months now: wear a mask, avoid groups of people, social distance (even outdoors), and wash your hands. These are the best tools we have to fight this virus and best of all, they are cheap. Each individual can make or break our response. It only takes a small number of people, ignoring the guidelines, to create large outbreaks. Please do your best to help.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.