In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATES FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Thursday, September 17.
- TOTAL: 66 more positives, 13 more probable positives, nine more recoveries
- BARAGA COUNTY: Two more positives, one more probable positive
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: Two more positives, three more recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 63 more positives, 12 more probable positives, six more recoveries
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: One less positive
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: No changes
UPDATE FROM MICHIGAN TECH
- Michigan Tech is hosting a COVID-19 Town Hall Series. It is free and open to the public. Each session features a diverse panel of experts and will focus on different aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts on our communities.
You can join the Zoom link here, https://michigantech.zoom.us/j/97534544944, or tune into 97.7 The WOLF (WOLV-FM) at 7 p.m. on Thursdays between September 3 and December 3. A full schedule of events can be found here, https://www.mtu.edu/health-research/covid19townhall/.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.