In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATES FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Monday, August 31.
- TOTAL: 49 more positives, 10 more probable positives, 18 more recoveries
- BARAGA COUNTY: --
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: Two more positives, one less probable positive, 11 more recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 48 more positives, 11 more probable positives, one more recovery
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: One less positive
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: Six more recoveries
- "Health department: Most of new Houghton County COVID-19 cases related to Michigan Tech surveillance," via TV6
- "Beer: MTU surveillance testing accounts for most new COVID cases," via Daily Mining Gazette
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.